Upcoming VA Bridal Shows
Finish that Christmas shopping and rest up- if you are newly engaged, you don’t want to miss all the VA bridal shows that are happening in our area in the next few months! I have put together a list of the shows you don’t want to miss.
You can find ME at Richmond Weddings Bridal Expo on Sunday, January 15th. Doors open at 12 PM! I will be on the first floor of the Marriott Richmond, where it is being held.
Before I dive into this post though, I am dying to share a wedding dress giveaway I ran across! WIN A WEDDING DRESS! The Wedding Chicks and Simply Bridal are teaming up to give away 20 wedding dresses! This giveaway ends on the 20th of December, so hurry it up!
Ok, on we go. Bridal shows are so useful because youget to meet many vendors all at once. You can put a face to a name, and for so many brides, this can be the starting point to your planning process. I have compiled a few tips for those brides and couples who are planning to attend a show or two or five this season.
- Educate yourself. To make the most out of a bridal show, check out the show’s website and see who will be there. Have you booked your photographer already? Then concentrate on the other vendors you haven’t decided on yet. But if your photographer is at the show, make sure you stop by and say hi!
- Thinking about hiring a planner for the day-of or full service coordination? See who will be at the show and make a little list of who you would like to meet. Many times, if you book a consulation with these vendors at the show, they can offer incentives or giveaways if you decide to book with them. Who doesn’t like a good deal?
- Don’t get overwhelmed. Take everything in, and take your time visiting the vendors. See a design or setup you like? Snap a picture and take their card. You can follow up with them later to see where they sourced their materials, or hire them to take care of the setup for you.
- You may see a service you didn’t even know existed, that could make your wedding come to life or offer you a solution to a problem you’ve been needing to solve.
- Register on the website ahead of time. Usually it is a small charge for tickets, and pre-registering enters you for many giveaways and contests
So if you are ready to get some planning done, and meet some vendors, add the following dates to your calendars:
Saturday and Sunday, January 7th & 8th- Outer Banks Wedding Weekend & Expo– a weekend experience or just the Expo. First Flight High School and Middle School, NC. 10 AM- 4 PM (expo times)
Sunday, January 8- The Greater Virginia Bridal Show– The Hospitality House and Conference Center Hotel Central Park, Fredericksburg, VA. 1-4 PM
Sunday, January 8th- Hampton Roads Magazine Winter Bridal Showcase– Ther Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. 12 -4 PM
Sunday, January 15th- Richmond Weddings Expo at The Mariott Richmond. Doors open at 12
Sunday, January 15th- Uniquely Yours Bridal Showcase– Scope Exhibition Hall, Norfolk. Doors open at 11 AM
Sunday, January 22nd- The Greater VA Bridal Show at The Roanoke Civic Center. 1-5 PM
Sunday, January 22nd- Charlottesville Elegance in Bridal Show Omni Hotel, Charlottesville, 1-4 PM
Sunday, January 22nd- Dream Weddings Bridal Expo– Newport News Marriott at City Center. 2-5 PM
Sunday, January 22nd- A Bridal Affair– Grand Affairs, VA Beach. 2- 5 PM
Sunday, January 29th- The Greater VA Bridal show Blacksburg– The Inn at VA Tech, 1-4 PM
Sunday, February 19th- Richmond Elegance in Bridal Show– Holiday Inn Select, Koger South. 1-4 PM
Sunday, February 19th- The Big Day Bridal & Event Expo– Fredericksburg Expo Center
Sunday, February 26th- The Greater VA Vridal Show– The John Marshall Ballrooms. 1-4 PM
Saturday, March 24th- The Outer Banks Wedding Show– The Sanderling Resort and Spa, NC
Friday, Saturday and Sunday April 20th-22nd- Southern Women’s Show– Richmond Raceway Complex.
Are you planning on attending a show this year? What are you hoping to find and learn?